Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Build of Naboo

i know i haven't been very active on here since signing up because i got a new job and it has taken up most of my time. But i thought it was time to make a build thread so i can keep updated on my jeep as well as let you guys know a little bit more about me and what my plans are.
    i named him Naboo because Im a Star Wars fan (not like a geek fan, i can't tell you all the characters name and where they are from; but i do really enjoy the movies). But i came up with this name because he is yellow and there is only 1 planet as of yet with yellow star fighters; that planet being Naboo.

ill try to get it updated from where it started to where it is now. but here is an update image of how Naboo sits.

image_from_ios.jpg

Canít wait to see the transformation!!

i purchased Naboo November of 2016. this is my 3rd jeep and feel like a learned a ton of stuff leading up to this purchase. i opted to purchase a cheaper and older 2007 bare bones jeep, doesn't even have power locks (which is a bummer, but oh well). i did this so i could get out of my previous loan and everything i put into Naboo was in upgrades rather than a payment. Coming up on almost 3 years now i think its been a pretty good decision.

here is what he looked like the day i picked him up. ill tell you the complete selling factor was 1. factory half doors and 2. price.

Naboo 07.jpg

over the next couple weeks of owning him i was really busy swapping parts and making it look more like my style and get rid of some of the features you guys see above.

Quote Originally Posted by NabooJK View Post
    i purchased Naboo November of 2016. this is my 3rd jeep and feel like a learned a ton of stuff leading up to this purchase. i opted to purchase a cheaper and older 2007 bare bones jeep, doesn't even have power locks (which is a bummer, but oh well). i did this so i could get out of my previous loan and everything i put into Naboo was in upgrades rather than a payment. Coming up on almost 3 years now i think its been a pretty good decision.

here is what he looked like the day i picked him up. ill tell you the complete selling factor was 1. factory half doors and 2. price.

Naboo 07.jpg

over the next couple weeks of owning him i was really busy swapping parts and making it look more like my style and get rid of some of the features you guys see above.
    Nice looking rig!
    "Do you even wheel bro? only if its with a Yeti "

when i bought Naboo i unfortunately had not sold my other jeep yet. but it turned out pretty good for me because i used the opportunity to move over a lot of parts i had previously bought and replace them with the things i didn't want on the new to me jeep

so the next project for me was to start switching things over and prepping for future upgrades.

first was to front bumper, fenders, trek top, security deck, truck lites
    1.jpg

i then decided to paint the inner fender wells and pinch seem all at once this time while i was swapping things.
    2.jpg

the last things to add was the wheels and tires i had just recently bought. also was nice to get back to 17" wheels and not 20s.
    3.jpg

from here on out everything i spend on the jeep would be in upgrades which was very exciting for me!

first on the list was ARB twin air compressor.
    1.jpg

new front bumper:
    4.jpg

switch pros
    2.jpg

I have always liked the look of the EVO corners but I wanted a little different look. So I ended up getting the EVO builder corners! really happy with my decision!
    3.jpg

i have a very good friend here in LA who really enjoys cutting my jeep up so i knew he was excited to help drill some hole in completely perfect rear panels. the plan was to keep my Genright tire carrier i already had so i will eventually need to get some tabs fabed up and welded on to the corner. as much as i like the EVO carrier, i really wanted to try something different.

Because the jeep didn't have a DL flip kit and has a 4" lift with a drop pitman arm I decided I really needed to correct the steering after putting the 37s on.

Yes I know I'm running 37 with bead locks on a D30. But don't worry I have plans for this which we'll be getting attention. But it's a secret now until the details are ironed out.

Anyways, I got the EVO DL to correct this problem and set up a wrenching day to knock out a few item with my buddy. Also he wanted to uses his new Milwaukee impact gun so he was happy to help.
    1.jpg

the install:
    2.jpg

issues with getting a front 1310 driveline put in only made enough daylight for steering and front drive shaft. there will be another day for drilling holes. im sure of it.
    had anyone else ever run into this?
    4.jpg

man just as i start becoming more active i get pulled into stupid projects at work that take time away from the jeep and personal life. oh well. ill do my best to continue being a part of the seven family.

a little update on the jeep. my registration is due in 2 days and i just failed my Smog inspection. reason for the fail is code P0430 and P0420 which are both Catalyst system efficiency below threshold on Bank 1 and Bank 2. im guessing my only option is to put in new cats?

my first thought was that this was because i had the Rock Krawler long are which requires relocation of 1 of the cats. however the shop that installed mine said it wasn't possible to relocate (even though Rock Krawler says you can and should); so they just removed it and it was in a box with other parts from my jeep. they didn't notify me ahead of time they were going to be removing a cat. However they said i should't have an issues passing smog.....

so now that i failed smog i would like to blame the shop but its been 14 months since the install (didn't need a smog last year) and since the code is Bank 1 and Bank 2 Im thinking its not entirely their fault since bank 2 is the opposite side of the motor; so maybe my cats are just bad?..

not sure what to do at this point since anything i do will require me driving on expired registration and this is my only vehicle.

I said with all due respect Crippledpetey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NabooJK View Post
    man just as i start becoming more active i get pulled into stupid projects at work that take time away from the jeep and personal life. oh well. ill do my best to continue being a part of the seven family.

a little update on the jeep. my registration is due in 2 days and i just failed my Smog inspection. reason for the fail is code P0430 and P0420 which are both Catalyst system efficiency below threshold on Bank 1 and Bank 2. im guessing my only option is to put in new cats?

my first thought was that this was because i had the Rock Krawler long are which requires relocation of 1 of the cats. however the shop that installed mine said it wasn't possible to relocate (even though Rock Krawler says you can and should); so they just removed it and it was in a box with other parts from my jeep. they didn't notify me ahead of time they were going to be removing a cat. However they said i should't have an issues passing smog.....

so now that i failed smog i would like to blame the shop but its been 14 months since the install (didn't need a smog last year) and since the code is Bank 1 and Bank 2 Im thinking its not entirely their fault since bank 2 is the opposite side of the motor; so maybe my cats are just bad?..

not sure what to do at this point since anything i do will require me driving on expired registration and this is my only vehicle.
    Did they happen to give you the tolerances for the failure? You may be able to determine if itís a bad cat or if itís the O2 sensors? Did they say anything about upstream or downstream readings? It may be an easier fix if itís just the O2 sensors and not the cats. Just kinda thinking out loud more than anything.

I hope ya get it fixed and itís not too bad. Let me know if I can help with anything