Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is this salvageable?

stock rubicon d44 rear locker/carrier. i snapped the shaft in moab last week. noticing this on closer inspection today. i think itís toast and iím buying a brand new carrier, as i think this is part of the forged housing. thoughts? maybe i can get it milled and use as a spare? maybe just buy a new carrier and move the locker over?

Image1524433927.971288.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    stock rubicon d44 rear locker/carrier. i snapped the shaft in moab last week. noticing this on closer inspection today. i think itís toast and iím buying a brand new carrier, as i think this is part of the forged housing. thoughts? maybe i can get it milled and use as a spare? maybe just buy a new carrier and move the locker over?

Image1524433927.971288.jpg
    You could salvage it into a nice table centerpiece, it will really tie the room together!

Quote Originally Posted by Tig1TonXJ View Post
    You could salvage it into a nice table centerpiece, it will really tie the room together!
    yassss i've already had that convo numerous times funny guy!

but seriously.

also, is this an acceptable replacement? https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/2...ferential-case

vs the mopar version: https://www.quadratec.com/products/52426_1005_07.htm

appreciate the help. the sooner i get these questions answered the sooner i can get @Panda back the loaner i'm rolling around in!

also wondering how comical it would be if i walked into the dealership and asked them to warranty both the axle shaft and the carrier :P

anyone had any success with that? i've only got 9000 miles on this rig.

yassss i've already had that convo numerous times funny guy!

but seriously.

also, is this an acceptable replacement? https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/2...ferential-case

vs the mopar version: https://www.quadratec.com/products/52426_1005_07.htm

appreciate the help. the sooner i get these questions answered the sooner i can get @Panda back the loaner i'm rolling around in!
    Get an arb and never look back, you snap a chomoly shaft in anything but an arb and you shatter the insides.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig1TonXJ View Post
    Get an arb and never look back, you snap a chomoly shaft in anything but an arb and you shatter the insides.
    honestly i'm really just trying to get this d44 back to normal so i can sell it before flipping to tons.

honestly i'm really just trying to get this d44 back to normal so i can sell it before flipping to tons.
    You can ask for more if it has an arb, but if that's the case scour craigslist and other pages for a factory locker

I have a rear rubicon locker if youíre looking for one cheap

I said with all due respect Crippledpetey's Avatar
    also wondering how comical it would be if i walked into the dealership and asked them to warranty both the axle shaft and the carrier :P

anyone had any success with that? i've only got 9000 miles on this rig.
    Worth a shot.