Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by rccrwlr View Post
    Seems like as the axle cycles up and down it’s shifting back as well
    i have the rock krawler 3 link long arm in the front. upper link is on the driver side. you think this might have anything to do with it? maybe pushing the axle passenger side more than i should or allowing it to come backwards (not sure how that would happen anyways in the first place)?

Quote Originally Posted by NabooJK View Post
    i really do love my rock jocks!!! there is, however, just 1 issue i have been having with them. i haven't heard or seen this with any others so i wouldn't let it hold you back from purchasing. my friend has the same front axle and does not have this issue.

I don't know if its installer error (wont mention the shop that did my work), my own error, or these 2 products do not work well together. i am open to input on a solution if anyone has ideas.

the issue is that the deflection bolt on the front 60vxr is contacting my EVO oil pan skid plate. at first it didn't seem bad and looked like it was going to clear. over a hand full of wheeling trips to the rubicon, Johnson valley, and Arizona its apparent there is a much larger issue; and it has serious contact.

kinda hard to see - looking directly up:
    Attachment 21042

the oil pan skid:
    Attachment 21043

the last trip i had out i painted the pan yellow to see how much new contact over the day i would see. its sad how much its contacting and at this point is making me very concerned. i can't imagine the amount of force the axle is hitting the oil pan with.

Attachment 21044
    Attachment 21045
    Push the axle forward about 1/2" or add bump stop.

Quote Originally Posted by rccrwlr View Post
    Seems like as the axle cycles up and down it’s shifting back as well
    During cycling the axle does move left and right (pan hard) and forwards and back. The pinion angle also moves up and down. The longer the control arms links the less the axle moves forward and back due to the flatter arc of travel. The front axle would be farthest forward when the lower arms are parallel with the ground and will move towards the center of the jeep when you are above or below that point.

The closer you get the upper and lower links to the same length will affect how much your pinion angle moves during articulation. A shorter upper link will push the pinion angle down during droop creating more driveline angle and potential bind in the u joints.
    These issues are minor on rigs that have limited travel but as you go to a long travel shock these things become important when setting up the geometry so the system works thru out the total travel you have.

Quote Originally Posted by NabooJK View Post
    i have the rock krawler 3 link long arm in the front. upper link is on the driver side. you think this might have anything to do with it? maybe pushing the axle passenger side more than i should or allowing it to come backwards (not sure how that would happen anyways in the first place)?
    Sorry to hear you use RK but its what you got. The 3 link long arm front would lessen the amount of forward and back travel in the axle. Side to side would be the same since you have a pan hard bar. Their upper and lower arms are close to the same length but an issue with their front long arm is that they don't keep the links parallel with the upper and lower frame being mounted one above the other creating some triangulation which will fight with the track bar. It's not extreme but it is there.

The pan hard or track bar is what you should be looking at to minimize the side to side shift. You want you steering links (pan hard and drag link) to be as flat as you can. If you run these links at a steep angle then you will get extreme side to side shifts both on the droop and stuff. This is a big reason to do high steer or a drag link flip when you get into the 3.5"+ light heights.